Thursday, January 26, 2012

Angels & Demons ~ Dan Brown

Angels & Demons ~ Dan Brown

Well I'm guessing two things are going to stick out about this book being on my blog. Number One being that it was released some time ago, unfortunately its been sitting on my to be read shelf for some time. Number Two is that it not a paranormal or fantasy book. Well I like to break up my reading from time to time so there may be a few random reviews added here or there. Now on to the book.

Angels & Demons follows the story Harvard Professor Robert Langdon as he travels through Rome trying to thwart an Illuminati plot to destroy the church. In Dan Browns usual fashion, the story is fast paced and well thought out. The descriptons of places and people are just long enough to give you a visual without boring the readers. I also enjoy how Brown in able to incorporate interesting historical facts along the way.

This story line also dealt with some pretty advanced scientific technology. Sometimes when authors try to tackle things of this nature the facts get confusing for the reader. Not so in this novel. The scientific jargon    was there but completely understandable. I will tell you that I have just recently finished another book that involved CERN ( Flash Forward ) so I was already aware of some of the information Brown explained.

Overall I enjoy Dan Brown as an author. His characters are well thought out and express depth. His writing is both easy to get through as well as informative. The story is fast paced and exciting. The twists and turns will keep you guessing while you get to glimpse pieces on and ancient city most of us will never be lucky enough to visit.

I'd give this novel a 5 out of 5 stars





No comments:

Post a Comment