Friday, March 30, 2012

City of Fallen Angels ~ Cassandra Clare

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So I know I said I wasn't going to read this, its been sitting on my shelf taunting me for to long... I have mixed emotions about City of Fallen Angels. Not because I didn't like it, because I did. Its more because it does not feel like a complete story. The problem with trilogies is that if the first two book end in cliffhangers it would be nice to have the whole set out in a short span of time. I'll get to what I am refering to in just a moment.

Lets start by talking about what is going on in the life of Clary and Jace. After saving the world from the evil Valentine things have gone back to normal for the Shadowhunters. Or at least as normal as it can be for a group of demon hunters. Clary and Jace are both back in New York as Clary begins her Shadowhunter training. She and Jace have had six weeks of quiet until Shadowhunters start turning up dead. To make matters worse someone in after Simon, other than the two girls he is dating. And Jace is becoming more and more distant. There is trouble brewing all over with Clary right in the middle, as usual.

As I said in the start of this review I did enjoy this book. Not as much as the first three, but I think after I read the whole trilogy everything will seem to fit better. My problem is that if this one is a cliffhanger than you know the next one will be. Which means I will be waiting till 2014 to find out what happens UGH!

Looking at this book as a stand alone its typical YA. There is some love drama, both with Clary and Jace as well as Simon. And there is a larger story line surrounding Simon. He is no longer a runner up character but a key player. This was a quick and easy read with just enough fighting to keep it interesting. The next installment is out in May and I will probably pick it up as soon as it come out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment