Friday, March 9, 2012

Fair Game ~ Patricia Briggs

Fair Game (Alpha & Omega #3)Fair Game by Patricia Briggs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Just a warning there are going to be some major spoilers in this review. Now Patricia Briggs has done it again! As usual her characters are enjoyable with dialog that flows wonderfully. The story has a perfect pace as can be expected from Briggs.
We find ourselves with Charles and Anna shortly after the time period of Briggs last novel set in the same "world" River Marked. Now since the Werewolves are "out" Charles has been spending a fair amount of time being the enforcer, which is starting to really bother him. Anna is worried about her mate and after some creative thinking is able to get Bran to lay off a bit.
As a change of pace Bran sends Charles and Anna to help the FBI hunt down a serial killer who is targeting werewolves. As they hunt for a killer, or killers, Charles and Anna are forced to try to heal their damaged mate bond. Now just when you think everyone is safe of course Anna gets thrown into some major trouble. This part seemed predictable at first, but Anna's handling if the situation makes her less of a damsel in distress and more of a skilled werewolf. Briggs has the ability to make even predictable situation turn into one that keeps you holding your breathe waiting the outcome.
The biggest twist of all comes at the end. While the reader is totally expecting to read a few more pages and "wrap up" the story line, Briggs throws a huge curve ball. Enter the Grey Lords, Mercy Thompsons world is going to be a lot crazy the next book and of course the next one in this series as well.
As a whole I really enjoyed this book. I find Charles and Anna to be an amazing duo who complement each other well in each story and I look forward to their next adventure.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I am so behind on the Mercy series and this one. I loved the novella to this one and the first book. Looks like I've been missing out. Sorry to hear that Hunting Ground and River Marked disappointed. I still think I'd enjoy those since I like the characters so much. :)

    Irene (Pocket Knife Planet)

    ReplyDelete