Tuesday, August 21, 2012

To Tempt the Wolf ~ Terry Spear

To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3)To Tempt the Wolf by Terry Spear
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Fun and fast paced. Filled with hunky Alpha males and enough action to keep the story rolling. I have to say I almost didn't pick this one up. I happened to be in a local used book store (Well read books) and was trying to hit my credit minimum because of course I had no cash. 
This was probably the best book I picked up that day at at only $1 it was a steal. If your in the Plaistow NH area I recommend stopping by Well Read Books. They has a ton of great books on sale for just a dollar or two. Anyways back to the book.

Summary: In this third in the series, wildlife photographer Tessa Anderson must prove her brother innocent of murder charges. But when she discovers a gorgeous naked man barely alive on her beach, she's got a new world of troubles to deal with, not least of which is how he affects her with just a look, a touch, or a whispered word.
Hunter Greymore is a lupus garou, a grey werewolf. Hoping to keep a low profile at Tessa's cabin on the coast, he's drawn into her life—and into her bed. His animal instincts war with his human half, but in the end, the only thing he can do about this fascinating, adorable woman is to leave her forever —unless she becomes one of them.
My Take: I'm not sure what it was that I liked about this book so much but I found myself unable to put it down. The story line flowed extremely well, I made it through over 400 pages in about a day. I have even google the rest of the books in this series to see if I can pick any more of them up.
The story focuses on Tessa and Hunter, two people drawn together by circumstance and pheromones. Tessa's character is enjoyable. Strong and independent, she is willing to take a strange man into her home in order to help him. Hunter's role is a little tougher. He is being pulled in different directions, not sure which way to turn but unable to deny his feelings for Tessa.
Along the way they meet a whole slew of interesting character, try to solve a murder and thwart a stalker. That is a lot of ground to cover, even in 400 pages. Somehow Terry Spear manages to pull it off leaving the reader wanting more.
If you run across any of the novels from this series then they are worth picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment