Friday, July 11, 2014

Author Spotlight : Kate Evangelista

Well its Friday again so you know what that means…
Wolf Majick Reviews would love to welcome Kate Evangelista author of New Adult, Romance and YA Novels , to our Indie Author Showcase.


A little about Kate
When Kate Evangelista was told she had a knack for writing stories, she did the next best thing: entered medical school. After realizing she wasn't going to be the next Doogie Howser, M.D., Kate wandered into the Literature department and never looked back. Today, she is a graduate of De La Salle University - Manila with a Bachelor of Arts in Literature. She taught high school English for three years and was an essay consultant for two. Currently she writes full-time and is based in the Philippines.

I was excited to have Kate take part in my Author showcase after having read her novel Taste. Now I haven't gotten a chance to read her other work but I absolutely loved Taste and can't wait to read a few more by her. Being a good sport Kate even took the time to answer a few interview questions :)



WMR: First off could you explain to our readers a little about the “worlds” you have created?

Kate: There are so many of them. Where to start? The real deal is each world belongs to the characters. I build them based on the descriptions my characters give me as they tell me their story.

WMR: Is there anything you hope readers will take away from your work?

Kate: Enjoyment. When I write, my hope is my readers will enjoy the stories of my characters. Reading is an escape. When readers pick up one of my books, I hope I can give them that.

WMR: How long have you been writing?

Kate: Of and on since high school, but professionally? A little over five or six years. Time moves so fast, I can’t seem to keep track anymore.

WMR: Do you have a favorite character to right?

Kate: Bedlam. You will meet him in my NA novel coming out from Entangled Embrace called Impulse. Watch out for that one. It’s a wild ride.

WMR: What about the hardest character?

Kate: It would have to be Phoenix from my debut novel. I wasn’t as confident as a writer then so I think I didn’t do her justice.

WMR: Where can readers find more information about you and your books?

Kate: My website is the best place to start: www.kateevangelista.com

WMR: Do you have any suggestion for aspiring writers?

Kate: Finish the manuscript. Remember, there isn’t a story if you don’t finish what you’re writing.

WMR: What is the hardest thing about being a new author?


Kate: All the waiting. Looking for an agent involves waiting. Looking for a publisher, too. Then there’s the waiting involved when you’re getting ready for publication. Basically, lots and lots of patience is needed when you’re a new author.




Check out Kate on the Web at
www.kateevangelista.com
Twitter
GoodReads
FaceBook

No comments:

Post a Comment