Thursday, January 3, 2013

My best of 2012

Well its hard the believe 2012 has come to a close. This had been one of those years that was really all over the place. I've had some personal tragedies along with some amazing success. 2012 was even the first year of this blog!

So in honor of the end of year one on the Wolf Majick Blog and the start of year two I've decided to make a list of some of my favorite books from this year.

Topping my Best of List would be meeting Patricia Briggs this past March. Actually being able to talk with one of your favorite authors is such a treat. Check out the link for more info.

Running this blog has allowed me to make contact with some great new indy authors and read some excellent new books. If you've missed a few of these be sure to check them out...

Masquerade ~ Rivka Spicer
Vampires, magic and a little romance what more could you ask for?

Taste ~ Kate Evangelista
This one was a YA with a new take on Flesh Eaters and features a totally captivating group of characters.

The Dragonslayers Sword ~ Resa Nelson
A good solid work of High Fantasy. Dragons and a totally new kind of shapeshifter abound in Nelsons epic new world.

A Wolfs Song ~ Shannon Phoenix
This one has a diverse cast of characters and is the start of a new series. The author has an interesting take on some supernaturals you may never have considered before. Be sure to check it out.


Of course I have read some amazing mainstream books this year as well.

Seeker of Shadows ~ Nancy Gideon
This one is part of an intriguing series by Nancy Gideon. I was lucky enough to score a review copy back in June. As soon as I finished this one I headed right to the store and purchased the whole series. If you love shapeshifter romance then you need to pick this one up.

Fair Game ~ Patricia Briggs
Finally a book that takes place in Boston that doesn't make me want to yell at the author. Patricia Briggs did a great job and as usual her characters are fantastic and the storyline is amazing. 

Shadow of Night ~ Deborah Harkness
The second in the hot new series Shadow of Night continues the story a witch and her Vampire as they travel through time trying to solve a mystery that could change their worlds. I'm still on edge for the next installment.

To Tempt a Wolf ~ Terry Spear
This is another great werewolf romance series. I just happened to pick it up in a used book store and now I've gone out and bought the whole series. Hot werewolves, strong female characters and exciting story lines Terry Spears series has it all.

As you can see I've read some amazing series this year and I can't wait to read even more in 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment